I am a fully qualified and registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy with experience in multiple areas of the counselling and psychotherapy field.
I have a private practice in Central Basingstoke and have experience of most issues that you may see your GP for. A non-exhaustive list includes: Anxiety, Depression, Relationship Difficulties, Living with Chronic Illness, Divorce and Work Related Stress. Please see my How can I help you? page for more information.
My past experience includes bereavement counselling at St Michael's Hospice, general counselling and addiction therapy at a Basingstoke agency, working with survivors of rape and sexual abuse and working with young adults facing emotional difficulties.
My practice is built upon the belief that working together in a warm, supportive and non-judgemental relationship can facilitate your ability to discover resources and self-awareness that can result in an increased sense of well-being, confidence and relationship to others. Whilst the aim is not to provide direction or advice, it can help you to understand yourself and your relationship with others and offer resolution that may not have been possible without therapy.
- FdSc in Integrative Counselling (Greenwich University)
- BACP Registered Counsellor/Psychotherapist
- Certificate in working with survivors of sexual trauma
- Certificate in Gambling Addiction Therapy
- Current Certificate in Safeguarding
- CRB Checked (Disclosure & Barring Service Enhanced Certificate)
- British Psychological Society A&B